Search This Blog

Monday, December 29, 2014

Why Shall I be a DBA???

This post is mainly for the Freshers and for the beginners in the field of Database.....

Task of DBA is equivalent to the Events in life of an individual.

For the freshers, this is my first question. Why you want to be a DBA?

Well this has been asked to me several times, from my friends and from the interviewers...

Well for me, I just wanted a job, as I was fresher in IT field. Later when I was going thought the Oracle DBA Course, I understood what RDBMS is, and what's it importance. Well simply in a sentence I will explain it. "It's the record of Data, action or reaction you give while you are on the internet."  Let's take an example:
"Beginning from the world famous site GOOGLE, whatever you browse, search, everything is recorded in the GOOGLE database."

Well if you are bored enough reading this,,,,, Lets come to the point.

Database is the record of each and every transaction, and DBA is a person who holds the key to preserve this data. This data can be important to anyone, to GOOGLE or any other client.

But, to be a DBA, you need certain things, Lets keep these points in mind:

1. Be Focused, Just concentrate on the GOAL (This is an important thing which you must concentrate throughout you life )

2. Be Responsible (Take ownership of task, take everything seiously)

3. Time  (Give time, and try to reduce the time to resolve every problem)

4. Be Truthful (Never, never, never lie in your life, as you will be caught anyhow, if anyone wants to.)

5. Don't Panic (Take everything seriously, but don't panic, Decide what you wants to do, Make an Action Plan and estimate the time and ask for 1.5 times the decided time, so that if any problem comes in between, then you must be able to resolve it anyhow  ;)   )


That's all for today. Just keep this in mind.


-Next post will be the starting of the DBA course right from the beginning... and that will be free of cost. And that will be in sequence.


All your doubts and questions will be answered timely.

Thanks Folks,
-Venom  (That's What My Screen Name is)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your Feedback.